Students of different Russian universities expressed their desire to discuss issues of the digital economy, personal data, the impact of the Internet on youth lives and the future of social networks. This is the list of some universities:
- Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation
- Diplomatic Academy
- Moscow State University
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations
- Kutafin Moscow State Law University
- Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property
- Moscow State Linguistic University
- Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics
- National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- National Research Nuclear University "MEPhI"
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- Skoltech University
- International Research Institute for Advanced Systems
After the Opening ceremony the participants will join the four sections:
1. (Non) Virtual Reality
Has the Internet become our reality? How does the Internet affect our existence? And why can't we imagine our life without a smartphone?
2. Digital Economy: Utopia or Dystopia?
Future careers and the transformation of education: "grow where you are planted", or how will Russia cope with the "brain drain" of the most needed specialists?
3. My Personal Data: Whose Is It? Who Does It Belong to?
4. 2020 Is The Year of Tiktok. Is It a Hype or Main Platform for Youth?
TikTok is number one social network now. How did it happen? How do social media algorithms generally work? New networks appear every day: today everybody is in Clubhouse, tomorrow there will be a startup from Singapore. How do young people intend to avoid getting lost in this diversity?
The Forum will conclude with a youth communique. It is an outcome document which outlines the Forum participants' ideas. Registration for Youth RIGF 2021 is open to all interested students and will last until March 22 on Forum website.